BRAZILIAN ASSOCIATION OF INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING - ABEMI
NAME, HEADQUARTERS, DURATION AND PURPOSE
Art. 1º A Associação Brasileira de Engenharia Industrial, (“ABEMI”) is a civil association, nationwide, governed by these Bylaws and, in a supplementary manner and where applicable, by the provisions of Law 10,406 of January 10, 2002 (“Brazilian Civil Code”) and other legal provisions relevant to the matter.
Art. 2 ABEMI has its headquarters and jurisdiction in the city of São Paulo, State of São Paulo, at Avenida Paulista nº 2006, 15th floor, and may maintain offices and/or representations throughout the national territory and abroad by resolution of the Board of Directors.
Art. 3 ABEMI is formed for an indefinite period.
Art. 4 ABEMI is a non-profit entity, with the purpose of:
- a) Contribute to the country's socio-economic development, acting proactively in government decision-making processes and encouraging public and private investments in the infrastructure sectors and industrial undertakings, with a view to protecting the economic order and free competition;
- b) Bring together companies whose activities are related to the viability, supply, implementation and operation of industrial and infrastructure enterprises in Brazil and abroad, exercising the defense of their legitimate and general interests, their representation and promotion;
- c) Act with the public administration (executive, legislative and judicial), investors and sources of financing, national and foreign, aiming at creating business opportunities for its associates;
- d) Stimulate synergy between associated companies, aiming at business strengthening, seeking the practice of transferring, absorbing and developing national and/or foreign technology;
- e) Stimulate and contribute to the materialization of export operations of goods, services and technology;
- f) Promote events (seminars, lectures and conferences and others) that contribute to the information and updating of the associates;
- g) Promote and encourage the training and improvement of human resources of its associates, always acting in their interest, acting in cooperation with other associations, universities, institutes, and other institutions of education, professionalization and propagation of technologies, whose interests converge with the objectives of ABEMI.
- h) Research, propagate and disseminate knowledge and new technologies, in cooperation, partnership or qualifying for subsidies, with legal entities governed by public or private law, in particular foundations, mixed-capital companies, state-owned companies, universities , institutes and other teaching institutions, governmental or non-governmental organizations, whenever the interest of its associates is present.
- i) Develop relationships and joint actions with other class entities, companies and public and private organizations;
- j) Create and operate an information system that will support the associates, investors and customers, disclosing market opportunities and the qualification of the associated companies;
- k) Support, in the collective interest, the associates in matters of a technical-legal nature.
Single paragraph. It may file a Direct Action of Unconstitutionality and Public Civil Actions as a national class entity and a Collective Writ of Mandamus to defend the rights and interests of the associates, with deliberation of the Board and Board of Directors, in a joint meeting.
Approved in EGM of 03.26.2019